Medical Care Center for Neurocognitive Disorders
Medical Care Center for Neurocognitive Disorders has opened since 2013.
1. provide differential diagnosis and treatment of dementia
2. treat behavioural problems and complications associated with dementia
3. encourage partnership with the community
4. provide specialist consultation
5. develop human resources in offering specialist care and providing support to the community.
All the staff make efforts to acheive these goals.
(We cover Setagaya-ku, Shibuya-ku and Meguro-ku as the secondary care area)
Consultation, Examination, Treatment and Advice
- ● Memory Loss Consultation (appointment required)
- On the first visit, patients will have consultation by a dementia specialist, followed by cognitive tests (psychological tests) and MRI scan of the head.
1. Specialist consultation (45 to 60 minutes)
2. Psychological tests (45 to 60 minutes)
3. MRI scan (20 to 30 minutes)
• Please bring a referral letter from your family doctor on the first visit.
• Time for tests may vary depending on the condition of the patient.
• If you have recently done the tests, please bring the results.
- ● Family Counseling with Specialist Doctors (appointment required)
- It is not uncommon that people are reluctant to see a doctor if they may be suffering from dementia. We provide family who have trouble dealing the person with counseling and advice by specialist doctors. We cover people who live at home in Tokyo but not those who stay in hospital and care homes.
- ●Memory Loss Clinic Regular Events
- Memory Loss Family Class: anyone worried about forgetting can attend.
- ●Acute Inpatient Care
- We have one ward (36 beds) for patients with behavioural problems who need inpatient care, and another(41 beds) for patients with physical complications. Please call for more information, or ask during the consultiation.
- Medical Advisory Service by Specialist Social Workers
- Specialist social workers can provide information on social resources for dementia over the telephone or in person. Please contact by phone.
Social Recovery Support Unit
Tel: 03-3303-7211 (main)
Hours: Weekdays (Monday to Friday) 09:00 to 17:00