TOP > Children Patient Rights
Children Patient Rights
Children Patient Rights of Tokyo Metropolitan Hospitals
Each and every one of you is special to us. You can receive medical care to help you get well, and when we help you we will always think first about how you will grow up to be an adult.
It is important that all of us work together to make you well. That means that you, your family, and the doctors and nurses at the hospital must all cooperate.
This was what we thought about when we made the “Children Patient Rights.” The Rights is a list of rules that you, your family and all of the people working at the hospital have to follow, and we will follow these rules when we work to help you.
- No matter what your illness is, you can receive good medical care just like other patients.
- Each and every one of you is always special to us. You can receive medical care by working together with your family and people at the hospital.
- You can have the people at the hospital use words or pictures to tell you about your illness and how they are going to treat it.
- After the people at the hospital have told you about your illness and how they will help you, you can tell them and your family what you think and how you feel.
- If you don’t understand something or feel scared about something, you can always ask or talk to your family or the people at the hospital.
- You can spend as much time as possible with your family even when you are staying at the hospital.
- You can study and play even when you are staying at the hospital.
- If you are asked if you want to take new medicines or get new kinds of treatment so that people can see if these work, you can say yes or no after the people at the hospital have told you all about it.
Even if you said yes, you can stop it anytime you feel like. If you can’t understand something or feel scared about something, you can always ask or talk to your family or the people at the hospital.
- Tell the people at the hospital all about how you feel so that they can help you get well soon.
- Let’s all feel good by following the rules of the hospital.
Note: The Children Patient Rights was formulated by modifying the Patient Rights of the Tokyo Metropolitan Hospitals to meet the unique needs of pediatric care.
General Affairs Section, Service Promotion Division
Office of Metropolitan Hospital Management